(An Inspiring Educational Leadership Training for Faculty in Christian Colleges in India)
A Brief Report
AIACHE organized the Faculty Development Programme (FDP) for the different regions. The programme was a learning process and besides lecture and teaching methodology, the focus was also on research. The programme added both personal and professional growth to the participants. More details of the Faculty Development Programme are given below:
|1.||9-11 July, 2014||CSI Synod Centre, Chennai||57||Tamil Nadu, A.P. & part of Kerala|
|2.||21, 22, 23 August, 2014||Bethel Prayer Centre, Barapani, Shillong||26||North, West, East North-East|
|3.||17,18,19 September, 2014||St. Mary’s Training Centre, Kanyakumari||37||Kerala & parts of Tamil Nadu|
- Effective Communication
- Vision and Mission
- Role of Teachers in Christian College
- Proposal Writing Skills
- Teacher Effectiveness
- Human Values Development
- Goal Setting
At the end of the FDP the participants were able:
- To foster a greater sense of belonging to the history, culture, ethos and kingdom values of Christian institution.
- To forge new perspective in teaching learning methods – with creativity and innovation including multimedia.
- To be aware of institutional administration and acquire skills to manage crisis, stress and importance of team building.
- To enhance the ability for effective of communication skills and building relationship.
- To play a positive role in the areas of counseling, guidance, personality development leading to ‘human value development’.
- To play a key role in developing goals for the institutions/students and faculty to achieve academic excellence and infrastructural development.
I. Vision & Mission of Christian Colleges
- Ethos, Kingdom Values, Christian ethics.
II. Perspectives in teaching learning methods
- Positive thinking and aptitude development
- Creativity and Innovative teaching
- Use of multimedia
III. Development of Management skills
- Administration skills
- Crisis management
- Stress management
- Team Building
- Counseling and reconciliation.
IV. Development of Communication Skills
- Interpersonal communication
- Building relationship & networking of relationship.
- Problem solving techniques.
V. Human Value Development
- Personality development.
- Importance of physical education
- Career counseling & employability
VI. Goal Setting
- Understanding the importance of Goals
- Institutional goals and personal goals
- SMART Goals