A Brief Report
The 18th General Body Meting of AIACHE Society and the Triennial Conference of member institutions of AIACHE was held on 29 & 30 January, 2018 at Christ University, Bangalore. The theme of the Conference was “Stakeholders of Education as Change Makers for Nation Building”. The delegates, special invitees and resource persons came together to this Conference to contribute, share and learn their perspectives on Nation Building and to enumerate new ideas from the stakeholders of education as change makers for nation building. This Conference was an inspiring experience of developing fresh strategies for Higher Educational Institutions in India. About 175 participants, which include, delegates, resource persons, guests, special invitees, volunteers from different colleges, faculty and students, participated in this Triennial. The main focus of this Conference was:
- The Role of National Commission on Minority Educational Institutions in strengthening the Minority Institution Profile in India.
- Resource Mobilization for the Higher Education Institutions from India and abroad.
- Channeling the aspiration of the youth in Higher Education Institutions for Nation Building.
- Women- the Incredible Wealth of our Nation for Nation Building.
- Spiritual Nurture in Higher Education Institution for Nation Building.
- Human Values Development for Nation Building.
- To enumerate new ideas from the stakeholders of education as change makers for nation building.
- To bring in proposal for self sustainability of AIACHE.
The main resource personnel for the Conference were:
- Prof. S. Japhet, Hon’ble Vice Chancellor, Central University, Bangalore
- Shri Basavaraj Reddi, Hon’ble Minister for Higher Education, Govt of Karnataka
- Rt. Rev. Dr. Prasannakumar, CSI Bishop of Cental Karnataka Diocese
- Rev. Fr. (Dr.) Abraham, Pro-Vice Chancellor, Christ University, Bangalore
- Bishop Philip S.Masih, Methodist Church in India
- Dr. R. Velu IAS (R), Former Minister for Railways, Govt of India
- Rev. Dr. Maher Spurgeon, Program Director for South Asia, United Board
- Rev. Fr. Dr. Leslie Moras, President, Xavier Board of Higher Education in India
- Rev. Fr. Dr. Xavier Alphonse s.j, Coordinator, Higher Education Commission of Jesuit Colleges
- Mr. Isaac Mohanlal, Advocate High Court, Chennai
- Dr. J. Alexander IAS (R) Former Chief Secretary & Former Minister for Tourism, Karnataka
- Dr. Fr. Davis George, Director, St. Aloysius Institute of Technology, Jabalpur
- Dr. Paul Appasamy, Former Vice Chancellor, Karunya University, Coimbatore
The General Secretary Dr. Daniel Ezhilarasu presented the Triennial report and also presented the various projects and programmes to be undertaken in the next triennium along with various methods of fund raising efforts to be initiated in future. There was also a brief report about the ‘Golden Jubilee’ celebrations of AIACHE held in 2016. The General Body accepted all the proposals and approved it unanimously. The President Dr. R.W. Alexander Jesudsan and the team members were profusely thanked for their excellent contribution in the last triennium.
Apart from the presentations there was a business session and the new team of Office Bearers and Executive Board Members were elected with Fr. (Prof) George Thadathil, SDB, Principal, Salesian College, Sonada & Siliguri as the President for the next triennium from February 2018 to January, 2021. The pictorial glimpses from the Conference are given along with this report.
The Awards for the Best Principals of AIACHE member institutions for the year 2017 was given away at the Valedictory Function by the Chief Guest, Shri. Basavaraj Rayareddi, Hon’ble Minister for Higher Education, Government of Karnataka. Congratulations to all the Award recipients. The list of recipients is given below:
- Rev. Dr. Sr. Jasintha Quadras, fmm, Principal, Stella Maris College (Autonomous), Chennai
- Dr. (Ms) Dipti R. Christian, Principal, Hislop College, Nagpur
- Dr. M. Davamani Christober, Principal & Secretary, The American College, Madurai
- Dr. (Mrs) Nirmala Manuel, Principal, Women’s Christian College, Nagercoil
- Rev. Dr. Fr. Johnson X. Palakkappillil, Principal, Sacred Heart College (Autonomous), Thevara, Kochi
- Rev. Dr. Sr. Arpana CSST, Principal, Mount Carmel College (Autonomous), Bangalore
At the end of the Conference, the Statement and Recommendations were prepared, which is also given separately.
The pictorial glimpses from the Conference are given along with this report.